Friday, July 12, 2013

3/4-Sleeve Tops from Ann Taylor

If you follow my Facebook page, you may have seen a post from two weeks ago where I mentioned a big Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor LOFT sale prior to July 4. I bought a ton of shirts. While I found that the LOFT clothing was generally sized pretty large, and so almost nothing fit me, Ann Taylor was sized just right. And their tops were perfect for work, Shabbat, and a wedding.

First, the wedding. If I'm attending your wedding on August 6, here's a sneak peak of what I'll be wearing on top. I'll be wearing the Twist Waist 3/4 Sleeve Top from Ann Taylor. It's regularly priced at $48. I bought it for 30% off but it's currently 50% off with the code "CHIC50" through Sunday, July 14. I'll be wearing it in black, but it's also available in violet and teal. I'm pairing mine with a slate-blue floor-length satin skirt by JS Collection that I purchased a number of years ago now. When I wear it to work, I'll just pair it with a cute skirt. I'm debating purchasing it in the other two colors because my husband loved this top on me. (Note: I found it covered my collarbone in front. It is a boatneck on the sides.)



Another Ann Taylor top I loved was the Drape Neck Top. I purchased it in blue (shown) and teal and I thought both looked great for Shabbat or work. I found the drape neck didn't fall down at all, although I haven't been able to wear it for a full day yet. I purchased it when clearance items were an additional 60% off. Clearance items are currently only an additional 30% off. I purchased it for $20, but it's still a great shirt for $35.




Finally, I also highly recommend the Crew Neck 3/4 Sleeve Cardigan. I bought it in three colors: teal (shown), bright blue, and coral (no longer available). The colors are beautiful and I'm planning on getting lots of wear out of these cardigans at work and on Shabbat. I bought them for $24 each when they were an extra 60% off. They are currently $42, which seems a little high to me, but they also seem to be great quality.



All the items I bought were washable. I hate going to the dry cleaner (and the fees they charge). I bought other styles; some I liked and others I didn't. But, there's such a big array of 3/4-sleeve tops on their website that are perfect for work and shul. I haven't seen a collection this great in a very long time. And none of them are 100% cotton. That's the best thing about what they are offering, in my opinion. Everything is truly dressy.

Ann Taylor offers free shipping on $175+ purchases or $8.95 flat-rate shipping for cheaper purchases. Note that they may ship items in multiple shipments without sending shipping confirmations. LOFT offers free shipping on $125+ purchases or $8.95 flat-rate shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment